So, it’s red wine with dark meat, white wine with chicken or fish? Really? And now that the weather’s getting warmer, what’s a good beer that won’t bog you down but is still hoppy enough to make you happy?
And good for all of us that we have a panel of Patch Pros who can answer those questions and any others you may have. Here they are:
- Scott Jarchow, wine & spirits manager at the Johnston .
- Kurt Schade, manager/winemaker at in Waukee.
- Kristen Geiger, of Ankeny, senior wine consultant for Wine Shop at Home.
- Janice Holmes, manager, ; an art, gift and wine/coffee bar in Valley Junction, West Des Moines.
- Robert Pruitt, wine buyer for in Cedar Falls, which has a large selection of both wine and beer.
- Kurt Friese, owner of Iowa City’s Devotay, which serves some of the best food and drink anywhere.
- Doug Alberhasky, manager of in Iowa City. As my friend succinctly put it, if you need advice on what beer or wine to pick when you're in Iowa City, you can just take a one-shop stop to John's Grocery.
- Jeff “Puff” Irvin, brewmaster at the in Ames, where you can go for top-notch food in a can’t-be-beat atmosphere.
- Joseph Williams, owner of in Marion.
- Mark Nauman, owner of , an Urbandale business that sell supplies to home brewers and stocks unusual beers.
That’s a suds-sational corker of a lineup. Have a question? Ask it in the comments section below, and our Pros will get back to you in just a couple of sips.
Ask the Patch Pros: Your Car Questions
Ask the Patch Pros: About Your Iowa 'Stay-cation'